Put our experience to work for you.
In today’s real estate market, you need an agent who is dedicated, hardworking, and knowledgeable. We will skillfully price your home, provide extensive marketing, and handle of all the transaction details.
If you’re ready to sell your house, we’re here to make sure that getting the best price possible for your home is smooth and hassle-free.
The prospect of selling a home can be both exciting and daunting. Rest assured, Shores Properties is here to guide you through the process step-by-step. In general, look at your home through the eyes of a buyer. We will review best practices for preparing your home for sale during the listing process. To get started, below are a few considerations.
- Keep home in “show ready” condition by maintaining a clean and organized home to include a fresh smelling bathroom, eliminating clutter, keeping trash and pet areas managed for odor control, and straighten up the inside of closest and cabinets.
- Organize kitchen counter tops by removing smaller appliances to make them look as spacious as possible.
- Store photos and other personal items out of sight.
- Remove items not needed until after moving. Pre-pack and store, if possible.
- Create the impression of a larger space by storing excess furniture.
- Defuse bold paint colors and take down borders and wallpaper, if any.
- Spruce up curb appeal by planting fresh flowers and maintaining landscaping.
- Power wash siding, driveways, and walkways to remove stains and debris.
- Take care of overdue repairs: fix broken gates and windows, clean gutters and downspouts, and mortar loose bricks.
- Clean outdoor furniture and remove any that is in poor condition.
- Declutter and organize the garage.
- Adding a new welcome mat, larger house numbers, and mailbox, if needed, can add charm.
We were nervous trying to sell a house in SF from 500 miles away. Rich took the time to point out that if we did a little painting here, a lot of cleaning there, and some landscape in back, we could sell it faster. We listened he did what he said and it sold fast.